Through PE we aim to encourage a lifetime love of sport and keeping fit. Our PE and sport aspires to build determination, passion, respect, honesty, self-belief and teamwork. These values will endeavour to:
- Improve health and well-being.
- Provide high quality opportunities and outcomes for all.
- Encourage community involvement.
- Promote active participation and competition.
- Raise achievement and supporting excellence.
As a result of our PE and School Sport audit we have identified areas for improvement and we intend to spend our Sport Premium money from the government on supporting the development of these areas:
- CPD (continuing professional development) for staff ensuring the PE curriculum is adequately taught across the school.
- Encouraging the children to make healthy lifestyle choices which can be measured by attendance, punctuality and levels of club participation.
- To provide increased opportunity for sporting competitions in school.
- To continue our links with other schools and partnerships through the Shepway Sports Trust.
- To continue to focus and improve the core skills of children in EYFS and Year 1.
PE Government funding 2016/17
2016/17 – Key Actions
• Our children entered 12 different approved SSG competitions at level 2 (interschool) of the School Games (143 places taken up by 85 children equating to 20% of our school)
• We won 1 out of the 12 level 2 competitions we entered. Therefore 8 of our children (2%) competed at level 3.
• 2% chn involved in leading, managing and officiating School Games Level 1 intra school sport.
• 100% of our children competed in at least 1 level 1 competition (intraschool sport)
• Our staff were supported in delivering quality PE lessons through SST coaches.
• 60 children received subsidised Bikeability training.
• 60 children received subsidised Balanceability training.
• Assessment introduced.
• A club level coach ran an after school hockey club.
• New equipment purchased.
• Bronze kitemark achieved.
• 25 % of our children were engaged in extracurricular sporting activities provided by our school each week (run mainly by school staff).
• We promote the School Games through our assemblies, newsletters, blog on school website, displays in corridors.
PE Government funding 2015/16
|Coaching and competitive games programme||£3,500.00|
|Transport to competitions||£500.00|
|Equipment and resources||£2,600.00|
|Sports for schools event||£769.00|
PE at Sandgate 2015-2016
PE is delivered to both KS1 and KS2 for 2 hours a week during curriculum time. Lessons are taken by the class teacher. During the academic year each year group will have at least 2 sports taught by specialist coaches from Shepway Sports Trust.
The following extra-curricular provision has been provided during the 2015/16 academic year with the following number of children attending.
Sports Competition Participation
|Number of children|
Children have represented the school at a wide range of sporting fixtures:
- Sports hall athletics
- Cross country
- Tag Rugby
- Multi skills
Our children reached and participated in the Sainsbury’s County School Games finals in Hockey and Sports hall athletics.
Additional Sporting Activities
• Bikeability – all Year 5 and 6 had the opportunity to take level 1 and 2.
• Swimming – Year 2 upwards have 6 lessons of swimming.
• Sporting ambassadors – inspirational whole school assemblies.
• Bike trials assembly.
PE and Sport Premium
Please click here to view the PE Audit
Please click here to view the PE Teaching Overview
Please click here to read the review of PE 2015-16
Please click to view the PE Policy (Jan 2017)